THE UK’S friendliest and MOST COST EFFECTIVE office RECYCLING SOLUTION.
We professionally dispose of all IT, office equipment, confidential documentation including telephony and communications equipment to GDPR standard, also fluorescent tubes, photocopiers, refrigerators, general office equipment and furniture. In fact, we can recycle anything within your office
Call – 01753 818283
Why Should I Use RCS Recycling?
At RCS Recycling we undertake the secure, GDPR and environmentally friendly destruction and recycling of your business IT equipment including all CPU’s, Servers, UPS Back Up Units and Rackmount Equipment and
Racking Shelving Cabling etc. We will remove these items from your premises and take them away for secure, GDPR recycling. All of the recycling that we undertake is carried out in an environmentally responsible manner and all data contained within any of the devices is securely GDPR destroyed along with the consumables. We provide GDPR certification as proof of secure disposal.
All items are recycled to GDPR standards including:
- All Display Monitors CRT, TFT, TV’s Plasma Displays
- Servers, UPS Back Up Units DAT Drives, Cabling and Rackmount Equipment and Racking Shelving et
- Photocopiers, Overhead Projectors, Audio Visual Equipment
- Printers, Scanners, Fax Machines, Plotters
Battery recycling service:
At RCS, we recycle any type of batteries but those that are more commonly recycled include:
- Lead acid batteries (Pb)
- Nickel cadmium batteries (NiCad)
- Nickel metal hydride batteries (Nimh)
- Lithium-ion batteries (Li-ion)
If we haven’t mentioned something above that you require removing and recycling then get in touch to discuss your requirements. The chances are that if it is in your business premises, we can recycle it!
Hard Disk Destruction
Hard disk destruction with GDPR destruction of Hard Disk and Data storage devices. Disk Destruction At RCS Recycling we have a portable 12-tonne disk press capable of destroying 4 hard disks at a time. The process involves snapping the disks in half which destroys the internal platter of the disk. The two pieces are then shattered into small fragments. The next step in the procedure involves using a 120-tonne static machine to further fragment the remaining pieces. Static or off-site disk destruction The process used in the destruction of disks conforms to GDPR, SEAC and MOD Data destruction standards and we will provide Certification of Secure GDPR Disposal for your records. We welcome our clients to observe our portable crusher in action. Additional services available If required we can record the hard disk model and serial numbers. Please get in touch to discuss any specific requirements you may have and we will do our very best to help you. Our Methods of Disposal Following destruction of your disks, all materials are granulated and recycled under the WEEE and GDPR directives using eco-friendly methods. All Hard Disks and Storage Devices are securely destroyed by granulation to DIN 66399 P-4 Shredded Standard.
- Hard disks and storage devices are granulated into SEAC/MOD/GDPR standard 3mm chips using our 120-tonne static shredder.
- Media tapes are incinerated to GDPR standards.
- Storage media plastics and plastic TFT/CRT/TV screen bezels etc. are ground into pellets. They are then re-used in plastic extrusions and garden furniture.
- Glass CRT’s, Fluorescent tubes, light bulbs Fridges Freezers etc. are de-gassed with the end caps removed. The granulated waste is then added to road aggregate.
Chairs are recycled and the soft materials are recycled into insulation and all metal is separated then shredded and sent back into the supply chain for re-use.
GDPR disposal of Telephones and Communications equipment. At RCS Recycling our telephones disposal service includes the disposal and GDPR compliant recycling of all telephone systems, handsets, switches, routers, consumer units and mobile phones. Rather than just throwing away your old phone handsets or wondering how to best dispose of that mobile phone, we will come to your premises and collect your unwanted equipment then take it back to our plant for the safe disposal and recycling to GDPR standards. In the case of mobile phones, we will also responsibly dispose of the batteries.
Legal requirement to safely dispose of telephony equipment
As business owners, you are legally required to recycle unwanted telephony products via a registered, GDPR compliant waste management company. All goods will be recycled in accordance with GDPR and Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive (2002/96/EC). This means that more responsible disposal leads to less waste that gets buried in the ground and you get peace of mind that you are acting within the requirements of UK law and GDPR standards.
Certification of collection and GDPR disposal
You will also be provided with certification of collection and GDPR disposal for further evidence that you are fulfilling your requirements as a responsible business owner/manager. To find out more about our telephone disposal service and how we can help you, please get in touch.
Redundant Furniture Disposal
- We can offer to donate unwanted items that have not reached their end of life to worthy causes including local schools, UK charities, and community projects.
- Any unusable items are broken down for spares or recycled responsibly.
- RCS Recycling disposal service is cost effective, reliable, friendly and easy to work with. And we are happy to provide a free site survey to assess your needs.
If you are looking to dispose of unwanted office furniture, RCS Recycling offers an environmentally friendly way to dispose of it – we aim for 0 percent landfill. Whether you need office Chairs, Desks, Storage units, Boardroom Furniture, Partitions, Safes or filing cabinets or general clutter cleared, call us and see how we can help you and help the environment. We separate out the various waste streams in the materials we clear, making recycling far easier and more efficient. We are proud to recycle 96% of the furniture we clear from offices. Environmental reports We provide our clients with Certification of Disposal and a detailed environmental report. This details the quantity and material removed, the recycling facility it was taken to, the percentage recycled and reused. We calculate the carbon saved as a result, which can easily be incorporated into our clients’ own CSR data and reports.
Fridges and White Goods Disposal
Flourescent Tubes and Battery Disposal
Confidential Documentation Disposal
Toners and consumables Disposal
General Clutter Disposal
RCS Recycling provides secure GDPR and environmentally friendly disposal Established since 1989
We professionally dispose of all IT Equipment including telephony and communications equipment, also fluorescent tubes, photocopiers, refrigerators, general office equipment and furniture. In fact, we can recycle anything within your office to GDPR standards!
Secure GDPR and environmentally friendly disposal
RCS Recycling provides secure GDPR and environmentally friendly disposal of redundant, obsolete or unwanted IT and office equipment. We provide ‘green’ recycling to the highest European and UK Environment Agency standards, waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) directives and GDPR standards.
Complete coverage of the UK.
RCS Recycling has been established since 1989 and offers complete coverage of the UK. We have offices conveniently situated in Birmingham, Windsor and Leeds.
We are Environment Agency registered to carry hazardous waste and provide all clients with the correct Environment Agency paperwork, in addition to a detailed, GDPR compliant breakdown of all equipment collected for your records. No job is too small – please contact us, to see how we can help you.
Nine out of ten businesses don’t care whether their old PCs could be reused elsewhere, says Remploy. More than nine out of ten businesses don’t care whether their old PCs could be reused elsewhere, says Remploy. Research by the IT refurbisher revealed that only eight...read more
These scientific advances could help counter global warming, as could the gadgets and suggested life changes outlined below 1. The artificial tree that captures carbon dioxide 1,000 times faster than a real tree. Developed by researchers at Columbia University, the...read more
WHY CHOOSE US?
RCS recycles ANYTHING within the office for example:
- All Display Monitors CRT, TFT, Televisions, Plasma Displays and Smartboards
- Servers, UPS Back Up Units DAT Drives, Cabling and Rackmount Equipment and Racking Shelving etc.
- All Hard Disks & Tapes, CD’s & Storage Media (We Destroy all Hard Disks & Storage Media ensuring 100% Secure Destruction of ALL Data to GDPR standards)
- Printers, Scanners, Fax Machines, Plotters
- CPU Base Units, Laptops and all Computer related products
- Photocopiers, Overhead Projectors, Audio Visual Equipment
- New or used toners and consumables
- Telephone Systems, Handsets, switches, routers, consumer units
- Air Conditioning Units, Fridges, Freezers, Microwave Ovens
- Filing Cabinets, Desks, chairs and all Office Furniture
- Miscellaneous items (Mice, Cables, Keyboards, Network Cards)
- Fluorescent Tubes and Lights Bulbs & Light fittings
- Mobile phones
- All Paper files and confidential documentation
- In fact you name it – if you find it in your office we will recycle it
What our clients say
“I have used RCS for one off disposals and am very pleased with the value for money service and the fact that we are not disposing our waste material into landfill.”WT – Gamewood Industries
“I have used RCS on several occasions and the service is always professional, friendly and fast!”MH – SFI Logistics
“As an established client with 11 sites nationwide, when I contact RCS, I know the job will get done cost effectively and quickly!”LW – Cognis Performance Chemicals
“When I contacted RCS, we only had a few items for collection, they were able to respond in a fast, efficient manner and more importantly, cost was kept to a minimum!”CH – Blue Print Partners
“Our company has used RCS on two occasions in the past year and each time the process has been nothing short of outstanding. From the initial phone call to Richard (who couldn’t be any more friendly, helpful or detailed) to the gentlemen arriving at our office to take our recycling away – from start to finish it was smooth and stress-free! RCS are very thorough and professional in what they do. They work efficiently to minimise disruption to your business and daily life. I wouldn’t look anywhere else. Always a pleasure to work with the fantastic team at RCS.”Auracorp.com